Saturday, December 6, 2008

Information Overload


Yesterday, I went with my friend, Ashley, to visit a couple of her classes at Dallas Theological Seminary. It was... insane. The first class I visited was Angels, Man, and Sin - though it's actually some crazy name like Angelology, Anthropology, and Harmitology... My brain literally hurt after walking out of that class. It was completely overwhelming - but just what I needed. The next class - an Old Testament survey class - was much lighter and a bit easier on the brain.

I have so much to learn, but do I really want to go back to school?? Papers... projects... studying... I wish there was a button to push and you just instantly know all the information.

I have to go though! So much to learn and so much work left to be done. I'm in!

"He told them, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.'" Luke 10:2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! Gosh, I'd love to go back to school if I could. All those notes to take, books to read...well, maybe I would like to audit classes so I wouldn't have to take any of the tests! I'm still praying about this for you, and I'm thrilled to see that the Lord is opening doors for you.

aspire2 said...

Awesome. :)

Martin Jones said...

Fantastic Stephanie! We'll be praying for you as you begin this wonderful journey! It is a real privilege to learn more about God and His plan for our lives through DTS.

Amanda said...

I'm excited for you and DTS! Can't wait to see all God has in store for you! Miss you friend!

Cheryl Read said...

Good for you!!!