Monday, March 1, 2010

Every Girl's Dream...

It is every girl's dream to have a man fight for her (in some form or fashion, should a situation arise). Well, my dream came true last night and I simply had to share my experience with you.

All growing up, I have had issues with food. I am the pickiest eater the good Lord ever made and I really have tried to change. It's harder than you think but I think I'm a little braver than I was one year ago! Ordering with me at restaurants generally takes awhile because I have to change at least something on my order 99% of the time. I've been warned that this little trait of mine would come to bite me one day. Little did those nay-sayers know that it would make a dream come true!

So there I was at Chili's last night, ordering the Cajun Chicken Pasta... minus the chicken... sub french fries for the chicken (since I'm paying for the chicken anyway, may as well try to get something else for my money!) And my sweet waiter, Joe, looked at me with a quick, slightly strange, barely noticeable look, but very politely said he'd get me my order. Hooray! No questions asked! (They always have questions for me.)

15-20 minutes later, this is what happens:


In case you can't tell, that would be french fries in a pasta dish. Complete with alfredo sauce drizzle. I laughed hysterically, and the manager (who brought us our food) looked at me strangely and said, "Is that right??" Well, technically... I had failed to request the french fries on the side. My bad.

When Joe comes to check on us, he sees that I had pushed my fries to the side and says, "Oh, did they put too many fries on your pasta??" ...... I reply, "Oh well, no it's fine, I just pushed them over to the side." Sweet Joe, "Oh no! You did mean on the side! I fought for you with the cooks because I thought this is what you wanted." PRECIOUS!!!

Joe, that was the best french fries in a pasta dish I've ever had.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That is hilarious my friend!

Anonymous said...

That is too adorable! :) I wish I'd been there to laugh with you!

Cheryl Read said...

Too funny! You didn't seem like a picky eater in Ghana. Maybe that's because they serve chips (french fries).

eli said...

haha!! so cute.