Thursday, April 2, 2009

Arise

Jesus is pretty stinking amazing. As if you didn't know. :)

My little Bhutanese friends are PRECIOUS. This past Tuesday, we talked about Jesus praying in the garden and we made little prayer slips about what we want to tell God. One little girl wrote, "I love you Jesus and you love me." My soul sings. Please pray for us this Tuesday as we are presenting the rest of the story about how He is our Saviour - their Saviour! I can't wait!!

Life has been pretty insane the past few months. I almost feel like I've been in the ocean, without a boat, during a white squall. Pretty intense. I've now been washed ashore and I hear, "Arise." I'm seeing what all God has done in my midst and it's pretty beautiful. Nehemiah's story has been the echo throughout all of this. We've been studying it in Sunday School and then my favorite blog has been writing about it. There are bricks to be laid and walls to be built. We can't just talk about the bricks and the walls, we have to go out there and BUILD. We must live out what He gives us. What exactly that means for me is difficult to discern, but what I'm finally getting is that, just as Nehemiah did, I can only listen to HIS voice. We can't just talk about talking to God and we can't ask each other what God wants and expect to receive a coherent answer. Third parties always get the information muddled in some way - in all circumstances but especially when it comes to His voice. We simply need to go to Him directly - seek Him and He will answer.