Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Beginnings

I am so not one for change. In fact, I hate it. I just like for things to be the way they are, the way they've always been. I'm one of those who has an assigned seat in the sanctuary during the service - though I do try to mix it up depending on which service I'm attending... that can count as a change right? Oh if only life were easy and change-free.

It's not that way, though. So I'm not going to wallow in the current changes, but instead look at the... bright side? New Beginnings.

It's a New Year.

We have a new president today. This is a new beginning for America. No matter which way we voted, we pray it's a good beginning.

And finally, I have my own personal beginning. Not to get too personal for blogworld, but a 3 1/2 year (on and off) relationship has come to an end. (The final end too!) To be honest, it's awful and horrible... and the best thing that could happen to the both of us. It's wretchedly sad... and gloriously wonderful. World Mandate is this weekend and it could not have come at a better time. God orchestrated the whole thing. I am SO excited to have a weekend where I am completely drowning in worship and God's Word... It's going to be good.

So here's to new beginnings and the hope that comes from the Rescuer of my Soul and the Binder of the brokenhearted. I love Jesus.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you. Very proud. And I'll be praying for you and your plethora emotions, especially this weekend. Love you, Friend.

Amanda said...

Yea for new beginnings! You are in my prayers!

Stephanie said...

Thank you girls!!! :)

J. Ross said...

Wow, that is really deep! We need to hang out sometime in the near future.