Saturday, August 30, 2008

Come Weary Saints

Confession: I stole the title from a really cool album by Sovereign Grace Music. I stole it with good intentions though because it completely encompasses all that I'm feeling at the current moment. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

I am completely exhausted. Thursday night I started feeling sick, so I took my trusty Tylenol PMs in hopes they would do the trick. They didn't. 4:30 am rolled around and - to put it nicely - I found myself with some kind of stomach virus. It was horrible. Needless to say I didn't go to work on Friday. I hate missing work. Having a sub stresses me out more than just going to work myself. Is that strange? Probably.

Anyway, so I was hoping this 3 (now 4) day weekend would be a nice little respite with Jesus. So far though, it's turned out to be more of a respite with my pillow. :( I feel like that is such a waste! I did find encouragement from my Ghanian friend, Gideon, though: "I will talk to our Savior about you. He will give you strength as you rest in Him." Indeed. Our God is good. Now if only I'd be faithful to be still and rest in Him...

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for You, O God." Psalm 42:1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet friend, I pray that you will find deep rest and solace in the arms of Jesus while you recuperate this weekend. Sometimes, He just wants you to sleep in His arms.

Cheryl Read said...

My prayer is that you get lots of rest this holiday weekend and return to the classroom energized and ready to teach. I totally understand about the sub thing. It's just wayyyyyy too much work to prepare for one, isn't it?