Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Warning: Venting

I hate this time of year more than ANYTHING. And I mean anything. I hate having to undo what some people have done during the first 4-6 years of their child's life. It is a daunting, exhausting, and highly irritating task that I don't wish upon ANYONE. And I mean anyone. I hate having to start all over. I hate the training leg of this 9-month race. (That thought reminded me of Jesus. Perhaps I'll go there in my next post. For now, I want to vent some more...) Last week, I'm pretty sure I loved my job. Today, I despise it and want a new one in a desperate way. I'm pretty sure I felt this exact same way this time last year - and the year before that, and the year before that, etc. but I don't have any proof, so I'm putting this out there in hopes that come October, I'll re-read this and say to myself, "Did I really write that??" PLEASE let that be the case!!

P.S. And by the way, since when is defiance (aka "oppositionally defiant") a medical issue, as opposed to a sin issue?? Seriously people. Seriously.

3 comments:

Cheryl Read said...

Tough day at the office? I'm praying for you!! I know you must be an awesome teacher.

Anonymous said...

I PROMISE I will not let Laura be a nightmare for her kindergarten teacher when she gets there someday! I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE!!!! :)

You will prevail. You always do. They're little pliable people who will look up to you in a few weeks with adoring eyes and will say, "Of course I will do whatever you tell me, because you are the teacher and you are always right." :)

Praying for you, friend.

Amanda said...

Praying for your friend!...but love those venting blogs...sometimes it's good just to write your feelings down instead of taking it out on one of your kids...i'm sure that wouldn't be good...lol